Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Who wants to be a millionaire?

I DO!!! I love game shows. I love watching them and being smarter than the contestants. I love the idea of making a year's salary in 30 minutes.

I had a good food tracking day, so obviously I had a bad budget day. And on top of that my unemployment claim hasn't gone through yet and I was counting on that money. I'm having a money panic day. Which in combination with not being home all day kept me from doing anything productive in the job search area OR the clean my house area. So I am going to tell you my life long dream. You ready?

I desperately want to be on a game show someday. If not for just the money, but also the confirmation that I am a smart cookie. Now these days there are many game shows. There is even a whole network with game shows (GSN, fantastic channel). Each game show has its pros and cons.


  • Wheel of Fortune - I am good with words, and I rock out Wheel when I watch at home. You can make some decent money. Wheel is up there on the wish list, and last year I applied (but heard nothing, story of my life these days). 
  • Who wants to be a millionaire- this show is super easy once you get past the fastest finger. In fact, getting to the hot seat is the hardest part. Again, decent money so this one is up there on my list. 
  • Cash Cab - Oh I love cash cab. Ben Bailey is awesome. Problem - you can't really apply/try to be on cash cab. It just sort of happens. So unless I go around stalking cabs and only getting in ones I think might be the cash cab, it's probably not going to happen. This also takes planning. It would SUCK to be in the cash cab alone. It would also be unfortunate to have some dead weight with you who think they get some of the money even though they were a moron and didn't help at all. The cash cab dream team is Me, Ashley, and Courtney. We balance out each other's knowledge base and would win major money. 
  • 1 vs. 100 - I want to be on the old 1 v 100 with Bob Saget and the mob in the studio, not the new GSN version with Carrie Ann (who ALWAYS is in a dress 3 sizes too small) and the web cam mob. BOO! I would kick old 1 v 100 bootay. The problem with these studio shows is that the host/producers always want you to tell them a cute story as to how you know the answer to the questions. "Gosh Bob, when I was a kid I used to torture turtles I found, which is how I know the answer is B. Snapping Turtle." This is another advantage to cash cab- no cute story, you know it or not. Millionaire is the biggest offender of the tell me the story of how you know this. It's annoying. When I am on a game show, I'm gonna say, "I know this because I have a master's Biotches!" HAHA
  • Are you smarter than a 5th grader? - Yes, I am. Now this show is last on my list because 1- they always screw over teachers. They are like Oh you are a teacher? well then here are the hardest questions of all time!!!!!!!! And 2 - the questions do not align to the state standards and what is taught in each grade level. 
You'll notice missing from my list are: shows that are about chance, not knowledge (i.e. deal or no deal), and jeopardy. I think jeopardy is way too pretentious. I wish that I had kids/a family to do like family game night (modern day double dare) or family feud - but then you are at the mercy of your weakest link, who would be beaten after the show. 

So, someday I will make a small fortune on a game show. Someday... 

:) 

1 comment:

  1. I always wanted to be on Supermarket Sweep...wish it was still on...hated the sweatshirts though.

    ReplyDelete