Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hello!

Welcome to my blog. All the cool kids have one, and I have always wanted to be a cool kid; thus here I am. I'm sure you have some questions and so in this introductory post I will try to answer them.

1. Ok, so what is this blog all about.
Ah I am so glad you asked, dear reader. Simply put, it is about me- in the least self centered way possible. I am not: engaged, married, pregnant, a mother, a coupon queen, a chef, or a crafter. These seem to be what most blogs are about. However, I DO: craft occasionally, love to cook, use coupons, have friends who are some of the best mothers out there, love kids, secretly plan my wedding, and have attended a handful of weddings. So I do have knowledge on these topics. Once in awhile a post might be about one of these. But really, it's about life. My life, and figuring out "what I want to do with my life."

2. Um, Sarah, you are 27. Shouldn't you have figured out "what you want to do with your life" by now?
Yes, you would think so! I wish I had. But Life throws curve balls and I find myself a month into 27 trying to figure out what I am going to do about it. For the past 2 years I have been a teacher. I have loved (almost) every minute of it. I wish I could keep doing it. Life, the Powers that Be and the State Budget seem to think that is really funny thus I am spending the summer trying to find "the Perfect job."

3. Ok, so who are you anyway?
Today I am lost. Yesterday I was hopeful. Tomorrow I'm sure I will be something completely different. I am looking for direction. I am trying to find my way. I am a friend, a sister, a daughter, a learner, a lover, and many other adjectives.
I love:
trees
blue
cursive
wine & food
sleeping
reading
writing

I hate:
red
running
sans serif fonts
chocolate
mean people
moving
change/uncertainty


So, there you have it. Post number 1. Hopefully it gets better from here.
 :)

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could blog but I'm a terrible writer. You my dear are a fun and great writer, therefore I will be reading your blogs. You may be upset about the fact that you have no idea what you are going to do, but in some way I'm secretly jealous a tad bit. Don't get me wrong I'm very excited and thankful for my job at NCA next year but, you get to start fresh. I was just thinking the other day if I wasn't a teacher what would I be? Nurse, dental hygienist? I was almost sure I would be going back to school if I didn't get a job. So I guess I'm just saying this could be a positive thing, and you are thinking "Whitney you are crazy!" I'm also terrible dealing with change but if I had a chance to start fresh, I would look at all possibilities. You have more possibilities then most people in your position because you are smart, a great writer, a great learner, and teacher. You have endless possibilities if you set your mind to it!!! Good luck and keep your head up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to be your follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel - glad to have you! :)

    Whitney- thanks!! I have lots of things I want to do, just not sure which one is "the one". I'm not sure anyone is good with change, and I'm not either. I just really want to keep teaching, I hate feeling like I have to give up something I love. Miss you- hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete