Thursday, June 30, 2011

1 in 45

The budget craziness is "finally over" to quote my (ex) superintendent. In an e-mail today we got our last budget update that the State finally made things final.
I skimmed most of it, no money blah blah, gonna be tight, blah blah... and skipped right to the staffing paragraph. To discover a sentence that made me want to jump out the window.

"we were able to rehire all but 45 of the 370 probationary teachers."

Are you serious? 45? Forty Effing Five!? Just one of 45. Makes me so mad. If there were more of us I think that would make it better. I can name 5 right now who didn't get rehired. So is he lying miscounting? Are they in the process of contacting those "all but 45?" I can't seriously be so unlucky that there are only 44 other people in my boat. I liked it much better when there was strength in numbers. 370. I can be one in 370. But one in 45? Seriously?

One step forward, two steps back.

Going to have to try really hard tomorrow not to give up.

:-/

1 comment: