Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sic 'Em

Tomorrow my little baby brother goes to college. He is Baylor bound, following in the footsteps of yours truly. This obviously make him smart. :) As I have to go back to work tomorrow, I find myself super jealous that he gets to go to college. I hope he takes advantage of the time. College rocks.

When I was in college I think I learned a lot. Most of all I learned that the many "fairies" that I thought did all sorts of chores do not actually exist! Now, as an adult, I find myself still wishing the fairies would show up.
The following fairies have let me down over the years....

  • Dishes fairy, and her cousin, empty the dishwasher fairy
  • Laundry fairies (the twins, wash AND fold)
  • clean the floors fairy
  • pay the bills fairy
  • fill the car with gas fairy
  • bathroom cleaning fairy
  • job fairy
  • make the bed fairy
  • put things away fairy
  • bank account full fairy
It's amazing all the things that have to be done when you are a grown up. :-P 


Anyway, I would do college again in an instant. But instead I have to go to work tomorrow. And then come home and do all the things the fairies were supposed to do. 

I made my brother take a picture with me in our line jerseys. (I was just thrilled my line jersey fit!)

9 years later, another fantastic decision! 

Sic 'em Bears!

:)

1 comment: