Monday, August 1, 2011

Cold with a chance of sore butt

It's workshop season! That magical time right before school starts where teachers spend all their time freezing to death in uncomfortable chairs trying to learn all the new wonderful ideas that we will TOTALLY use when school begins. Today our workshop was so cold some woman got her baby's blanket out of the car and wrapped herself in it. It's truly distracting when a grown woman is shivering under a fleece butterfly blanket. Also, I have never sat in a more uncomfortable chair.

This year, all my workshops are giving me panic attacks. Today's was very elementary school. Lots of clapping, and cuteness, and we were supposed to cheer at the lamest of jokes. I was not feeling very elementary today. I longed for a middle school workshop. Something on bullying, or high expectations, not phonemic awareness. Really, I think I'm just scared and so I'm throwing up walls. Fear rocks!

I was going to blog about something else, but my booty hurts and I'm just starting to get feeling back in my legs. Sorry for such a lame post. I just felt like I had to say something, it's been a few days.

:)

1 comment:

  1. WORKSHOPS suck!! I cant wait for ours to start seeing as how I'll be leaving molly with my dad just so I can attend...needless to say I wont be feeling very "elementary" either. Something I've learned after 5 years of going...take a few snacks, a sweater, and one of those pads you sit on for the bleechers (our district actaully gave them out one year...seems like they coulda just sprung for more comfy chairs.)

    ReplyDelete