Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Clean-up

This weekend was devoted to cleaning.

First, I had some fun with bleach. My washing machine was spitting out clothes dirtier than when it went in. So I ran 1/2 a cup of bleach through on a short wash. Then I decided it was time to brighten up my blanket from my bed (white) and ran that with some bleach. Finally, a load of bras that were white at one time to make sure the bleach was out of the washer. Success! Blanket clean, bras brighter, and general clean feeling about the washer. Check.

I then moved on the the kitchen where I fixed my ice maker all by myself. See, the on/off arm thingy had come out of the switch hole (technical terms). I just had to get a flashlight and a chair and I got the arm thingy back into the switch slot. Ice maker now working. Check.

The rest of the week will (eventually) be devoted to a complete bathroom cabinet overhaul - all random bottles of stuff that hasn't been used will be discarded (come on girls, you know we all have them), all old makeup will be trashed, and the remaining supplies will be organized.  Probably Thursday or Friday.

In the meantime, I have a big day tomorrow. Wedding dress shopping w/ Mere (SQUEE!!!) and a JOB INTERVIEW (TRIPLE SQUEE!!!!!!!!!!) Just finished putting a new portfolio together (can't find my old one to save my life) and I think it looks pretty good. So fingers crossed tomorrow friends!

:)

1 comment: