Saturday, March 24, 2012

Logic?

-There were several school districts that had job fairs this weekend. One district announced it was hiring for 400 positions. Let's think about this. Last year, thousands of teachers were laid off state wide.  Maybe you wouldn't HAVE to hire 400 teachers if you hadn't FIRED them all last year.  This makes me extremely angry. It is nothing but a show of poor planning. One year with less teachers and the schools realized it wasn't possible, we need to hire people. Next year when the state re-does the budget and screws education AGAIN, are you just going to fire the 400 people that you just couldn't live without? This is not a game. Make up your mind. Instead of massive lay offs, why don't you do a little more conservative method and take natural attrition into account.  Where are all the logical people who need to be making the decisions?

On a separate note, how can you have a job fair to HIRE people, when you haven't confirmed who will be working for you next year? Contracts have not been issued for these districts yet. And furthermore, I haven't gotten my contract. So hiring opportunities are happening and I have NO IDEA if I needed to be there or not because it's happening before i have any clue about my job security. This makes me so anxious I can't see.


*this was going to be part of a much longer post, but I think it needs to stand on it's own.
I'll be back soon with something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment