Tuesday, January 17, 2012

OK SERIOUSLY?

I was all zenning out on my positivity train. I was rolling along. Barely pulled out of the "it's not so bad" station. Thought I would catch up on my Blogs I Stalk.

I open POSTSECRET

THE FIRST 3 EFFING SECRETS ARE ABOUT GETTING MARRIED.

I will not be ashamed. I cried. Big. Fat. Tears. (not of joy).

You see, (and I hope I'm not going to get in trouble for posting this, so don't tell no bodies)

My sister is now engaged getting married sometime next month. (pushed up from the original March)
Now as they are in the military, this February ceremony will be "just the marriage". Wedding (read lavish affair) to follow sometime next year or so. Sunday, when the news was first announced, the bridal party for the marriage (again, do not confuse with wedding to happen sometime in future) was going to consist of: bride, groom, groom's brother, myself. Witnessed by bride's brother, and parents of bride and groom.  My presence was at very least required.

With the push from March to February of marriage, I was informed today that my presence was no longer required at marriage. Just parents of each, bride, groom.  Not going to lie- If my (little) sister is going to get married (before me) being told my presence is not required really just makes me feel more like shit. Of course, if money and schedules allow, I will of course be welcome at the February event (I think, It felt like backtracking). We won't know till later in the week when this blessed event may possibly occur. Honestly it could be tomorrow at this point. I guess I need to sit tight and watch the storm story as it develops.


In addition - by the end of this year, all members of the 4H AND MY SISTER will be married. Which brings me back to "I'm going to die alone" station.

This train needs to get back on track. SIGH.

3 comments:

  1. We love you, and I know just as much as anyone else in the 4H knows that you WILL find your perfect man addition. You WILL NOT die alone. There is a person out there who is your other half, and he's taking his sweet time, but Miss Sarah... it will all be worth it when you find him. In the meantime, if you ever need someone to talk to, you know how to reach me. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! I appreciate it. He needs to hurry up- I'm getting tired of waiting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a few cute, single, TX guys from Kelly's blog

    http://stephshuler.wordpress.com/2012/02/03/meet-matt/

    http://beingmrsbowers.blogspot.com/2011/06/mike-23-houston.html

    http://ornelasodyssey.blogspot.com/2012/02/travis-32-houston-area.html

    http://berryfamilygossip.blogspot.com/2012/02/suyl-all-single-men.html

    ReplyDelete