Tuesday, November 29, 2011

pre-blog

I have 2 things that are very blog worthy, but no time to properly blog about them. This is the pre-blog. The warning that eventually I will, in fact, blog about them.**

In the meantime, a super fun story.

I need/want a new watch. The watch I'm currently wearing I got when I was 18 (that was a bit of a time ago). I have replaced the battery TWICE this year. THIS YEAR, 2011. That's a lot. And it's not easy, it requires a trip to a jeweler and $18 average each time.
Today my watch was running 5 minutes late by the time the day was over. I re-set it sometime last week. The date is not keeping up with the date. Meaning, today is the 29th right, right now the window shows 28. It will change to 29 tomorrow at noon. This is incorrect. No matter how many times (at least 4 this month) I change the date at midnight, it takes a day and a half to change.

In short, my watch is only barely keeping correct time.

My wish list for my new watch is very simple.

bracelet type band (slim, sleek, looks like a bracelet, happens to have a watch. nothing bulky or thicker than 2/3 in.)
Numbers.  no dots, diamonds, dashes, or my least favorite- just 4 dots. I need to tell time QUICKLY. I need numbers.
Date. Please tell me what day it is, watch.  I don't need phases of the moon and all that jazz, but I write down the date several times per day. Need.
(Yes, these features -date and time in quick digital format- are on my phone. No, I cannot whip my phone out all day while teaching 2nd grade. Also, my phone gets negative service at school. not that this has any bearing on the time, just saying. I don't have it out. )

Tonight my mom showed me several pictures of watches she had picked as possible presents for me. Each one had a flaw. None were right.
She said (frustrated with my dislike of all her choices), "what is it you DO want!?"
My answer, "This EXACT watch, but WORKING (pointing to my current watch on wrist.)"
so easy. :)

Does fossil even make this watch anymore? someone remind me to look that up...


**yes, I realize that I could have just blogged about them instead of pre-blogging. But, you know. This story was good too.  :)

so later- real blog. k.

No comments:

Post a Comment